Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Monstrumologist - First Book Review

Okay, I am starting with one of my favorite books, its called The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancy.

The Monstrumologist is about a boy, William James Henry (Will Henry) who's parents have died, and so he gets taken in by his fathers, like boss. I guess you would call him that. But Will Henry has to live with him, Dr.Warthrop. But the thing is, Will Henry has to take the place of his father, to be the doctors assistant. Will Henry is a assistant of a monstrumologist, a person who studies and kills monsters.
      In the first book Will Henry has to face these monsters called Anthropophagus, a monster with no head, but with the eyes on the shoulder/chest.
      This book is kind of hard to read, just because it takes place in 1888, so they talk like they talked back them, it could be easier read then others, depending on how you understand how they talked back then.
      I would give this book five out of five stars, but because it has such a great story line, and it even made me cry!! (though I really only cried in the second book). The Monstrumologist series so far has three books, The Monstrumologist, The Curse Of The Wendigo, and the one that just came out is Isle Of Blood, which I just finished. Each book is around 500 pages.


How do you think? I dont think its that good, and really I could do better...But i'm not going to fix it...Because i'm to lazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment